When rescuers found Shock on a farm in Ireland, he was lying in a field with a rope around his neck that had severely damaged the animal’s skin.
For some reason, the owner decided that ordinary bleach would help heal the wounds and sores. Without much thought, he “treated” the donkey with this remedy, which, of course, worsened the situation. The unfortunate Shock was taken to an animal clinic and then to an animal shelter in Birmingham, where he made friends among his kind and learned to “heal.”
Children with developmental issues or those simply in need of psychological support are brought to the shelter, where Shock ended up. The little girl underwent a complicated operation after birth: she had a tracheotomy, and her ligaments were damaged. Due to this condition, it was challenging for her to gain weight and move around.
They immediately formed a bond: the donkeys allowed Amber to hold them and encouraged her to be active, ultimately helping her overcome the effects of paralysis.
At the age of three, Amber underwent another operation to repair her vocal cords. She now attends school and is becoming a strong child who regularly participates in impactful events.
The donkey and Amber did not have an easy fate before they met, but today, there is no doubt that they have a bright future ahead of them.